Skip to main content

Bobby Buttons Cake

Bobby buttons cake




This was the cake I decorated in 15 minutes in fresh cream for my dad. It was his 71st birthday. A tailor by trade, hence all the buttons. 


Popular posts from this blog

White Chocolate Frosted Vanilla Yummies

White Chocolate frosted Vanilla Yummies I wanted to make some yummy fun vanilla cup cakes as a treat for my dad. So I followed the following recipe: 1 cup cake flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt two eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoon vanilla essence Blend all ingredeints together. It will be a runny mixture. Line cup cake tray with cups and fill each two thirds full. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes at 160 degrees celcius. Let it cool once done.   I then decided to coat them in white chocolate frosting I purchased at the baking store. The best thing about instant frosting is to add water to it and beat. 300 grams frosting requires 100ml of water. It becomes a lovely smooth consistency after around 5 minutes of beating. I added into a piping bag with a rose making nozel. I decorated with plastic icing flowers I had made previously.
Birthday cup cakes for Dad So my dad heard all about my yummy marble cup cakes I made for my nephew's birthday party. There was no way I was not going to make a fresh batch for Dad's birthday. My Dad is a man who loves doing everything and anything. I can't remember a time in my life when my Dad was not busy building, fixing or cleaning something or another around the house. From being the handy man I know him to be he has now turned into the most awesome cook. He does not give up until he gets it right. I guess a lot of him has been passed onto me. I admire him so very much...   Now for Mr Handy Man , who has every electric gadget and tool, I ventured out to my local baking shop, Bakers Bin, here in Centurion, South Africa ( bakersbin.co.za ) to find something that I could decorate the cupcakes with. There I found moulded sugar shapes where I chose the set which had the scissors, spanner, drill and saw. These were perfect for dad's cupcakes. I used the